GHRH which is the growth hormone-releasing hormone is produced by the hypothalamus. Upon its release, it stimulates the pituitary gland to start the secretion of growth hormone in the blood which then produces many of its beneficial effects. In young adults, this chain functions pretty well and high levels of growth hormones are attained in the blood.
However, when we age the level of growth hormone starts decreasing and we lose 10-20% of growth hormone levels every 10 years after we reach 30 years of age. To substitute this loss, peptides are used to again cause the pituitary stimulation of growth hormone in the body.
GRF (1-29) is a synthetically produced fragment of GHRH containing its amino acid chain from positions 1 to 29. This fragment is commonly called Sermorelin. Having a very short half-life of about 10 minutes, it quickly disintegrates in the body by enzymatic action. This is why a modified form of this peptide is synthesized known as MOD GRF (1-29).
In this modified version of the peptide, some of the amino acids at positions 2, 8, 15, and 27 are substituted to increase its resistance against enzymatic action and hence, prolong the half-life.
MOD GRF (1-29) – Mechanism of Action
Being a fragment of GHRH, it binds with the GHRH receptors after administrations and functions to stimulate the pituitary gland which then increases growth hormone secretion.
Because of the modification made in the amino acid chain in the peptide, it stimulates GH production more potently and efficiently.
Benefits of MOD GRF (1-29)
As the peptide is mainly used to increase GH secretions, it produces the benefits which are normally caused by the presence of growth hormone in the body such as:
- Increase in the muscle recovery rate and high lean muscle mass.
- Better sleep quality
- Reduction in body fat percentage.
- More joint flexibility and improved health of the joints.
- Improved energy levels, sexual desire, stamina, vitality, and overall feeling of well-being.
- Healthier nails, skin, and hair.
- Better health of the immune system.
- Promotes repair and regeneration at the cellular level.
- Promotes the breakdown of the triglycerides and hence, more fat burning.
- Increases mineralization of the bones by promoting calcium retention.
- Improves cardiovascular and cognitive functions.
- It has good anti-aging effects.
How is MOD GRF (1-29) different from CJC 1295?
While both the peptides are synthetic forms of GHRH and have a similar mechanism of action, the potency and half-life differ in the following ways:
- MOD GRF (1-29) has just above 30 minutes of half-life.
- CJC 1295 with DAC has a half-life of approximately 6-8 days.
- MOD GRF (1-29) with its shorter half-life resembles the functioning of natural GHRH much more closely and has the least chances of producing any side effects.
- CJC 1295 DAC is, however, more potent and requires a lesser frequency of administration.
The peptide is administered via subcutaneous injection in the abdominal area in doses of 100 mcg repeated 2-3 times a day based on the purpose.
- For anti-aging effects, the dose should be 100 mcg daily injected before sleeping.
- For performance enhancement, 300 mcg of the peptide needs to be injected in 3 divided doses during the day. This can be combined with GHRP therapy.
- A yet higher dose with GHRP can provide fat loss and muscle growth in people involved in hardcore training.
You must not buy MOD GRF 1-29 by any source apart from the one prescribed by your doctor. Although the side effects of the peptide are generally very mild, a dose-dependent increase in the occurrence of side effects can happen.
The majority of the side effects are limited to injection site irritation, water retention, joint pain, tingling in extremities, higher insulin sensitivity, and low levels of blood sugar.